We are currently seeking a Supplier Relationship Manager – within our Packaging Group who is looking for an exciting and challenging career with Infinite Sum – an employer that enables you to work in a flexible environment both in terms of geography and time.
This role will support Infinite Sum Sourcing and Procurement projects for our client offices located in the Mid West areas of the United States. Types of work includes all aspects of supplier relationship management with Global suppliers located primarily in Asia and South America. Role is expected to support Mid West USA sales and Client high value consulting delivery.
The Supplier Relationship Manager works within the Infinite Sum Global Sourcing and Procurement Group and is responsible for developing the strategic supplier engagement plan with an Infinite Sum client and then managing its delivery through a program of engagements aimed at developing improved relationships with strategic supply partners to deliver greater levels of innovation and competitive advantage to support our clients sourcing initiatives.
Other responsibilities include:
- Analyses the Supply base and segments into key groups based on capabilities and business requirements and develops an engagement plan and model to deliver the required relationships and business outcomes.
- Leads and Manages the delivery of the Strategic Supplier engagement plan to ensure all activities, meetings, events etc are delivered in accordance with the overall plan and deliver the business benefits and outcomes required
- Works with the Infinite Sum Supplier Management teams to leverage the existing knowledge of Suppliers capabilities, risks and issues and regularly communicates all planned activities to ensure alignment across the Supplier Management function
- Works with Internal and client stakeholders to communicate and develop the Strategic Supplier plan in accordance with the long range business plan and business need of the client.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the strategic suppliers business and goals and is able to map these to the goals of the Infinite Sum clients business to identify opportunities and risks
- Definition of a clearly defined governance model to be deployed with strategic suppliers to ensure effective relationships including where required an escalation process to quickly resolve any issues
- Defining a measurement system (scorecard) to measure and record the value being derived by Infinite Sum client and its strategic suppliers from the relationship
- Minimum of 7 years of sourcing or global supplier management experience
- At least 3 years of external consulting experience or equivalent internal consulting project management experience
- Must be located within the Mid West of the United States, or be willing to relocate.
- Graduate Degree Preferred but not necessary if candidate can show 10+ years professional experience
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability dealing with international based Infinite Sum sourcing and supplier management teams in Asia and South America.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Infinite Sum (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Infinite Sum or an affiliated Infinite Sum partner business may not be eligible for consideration.
What we can offer you
We will work with you to ensure you get an opportunity to work on project assignments that suit your personal and professional goals. Opportunity to work from home if wish, within a daily commute of a client location, or if you are adventurous we can post you to an international assignment working in multicultural and dynamic teams both internally and at our client sites. Career development opportunities are offered at all of our international offices.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
ABOUT INFINITE SUM
Infinite Sum is a global management consulting firm made up of experienced business executives and consultants that deliver immediate and long-term solutions and real profit to our clients. Since 1993, we have been retained as consultants and trusted partners to many clients ranging from fortune 500s to some with revenues of less than $100m.
Combining deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in global sourcing, operations consulting and international market development and sales solutions we advise our clients on their most critical issues and opportunities relating to their global initiatives. We provide this advice and support across numerous industries and geographies, with particular emphasis on emerging markets.
Infinite Sum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.