We are currently seeking a Sourcing Manager, within Logistics who is looking for an exciting and challenging career with Infinite Sum – an employer that enables you to work in a flexible environment both in terms of geography and time.
The Sourcing Manager - Logistics will have expertise in a wide range of Logistics sub-categories (road transport, ocean/air freight, warehousing etc.) within the EU region.
The Sourcing Manager - Logistics will provide day-to-day management of logistics sourcing streams, executing a seamless and integrated sourcing process that delivers upon key client requirements. In this capacity, you will be based in United Kingdom or Ireland and will collaborate with Infinite Sum team members and client stakeholders across the EU region to drive significant value
What responsibilities will you have?
- Facilitate and project manage a procurement process to support sourcing for clients
- Ascertain and execute the procurement approach that drives greatest value for the client
- Ensure the consistent delivery of sourcing services that meet and exceed savings and SLA targets Manage all aspects of sourcing projects according to team, account, and budget guidelines
- Establish and cultivate key client stakeholder relationships across organizations, building trust and support for each sourcing project
- Seek out opportunities to drive creativity and innovation within each sourcing project, while ensuring adherence to quality and timeliness standards
- Promote corporate objectives and change initiatives, ensuring Logistics sourcing team is supporting overall company direction and growth
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Sourcing and/or logistics category management experience, in a consultancy environment or within an internal procurement function.
- Significant experience working within the logistics sector, either working for a shipper (i.e. manufacturer, retailer) or working for a logistics service provider (3PL, freight forwarder, shipping line).
- Good understanding of the cost drivers, market supply base, demand drivers and typical value levers relevant to logistics sub-categories (such as road transport, ocean/air freight, warehousing etc.) and the ability to converse credibly with client stakeholders on these topics.
- Excellent communication and organization/time management skills
- Strong ability to identify complex barriers to change and develop solutions to drive transformation
- Ability to develop a strategic sourcing strategy from scratch and to execute on this strategy
- Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our clients
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or clients that have resulted in high client satisfaction
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What academic qualifications do you need?
- A degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably business, finance, economics, engineering, Logistics or mathematics
What we can offer you
We will work with you to ensure you get an opportunity to work on project assignments that suit your personal and professional goals. Opportunity to work from home if wish, within a daily commute of a client location, or if you are adventurous we can post you to an international assignment working in multicultural and dynamic teams both internally and at our client sites. Career development opportunities are offered at all of our international offices.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, please apply via the button below.
ABOUT INFINITE SUM.
Infinite Sum is a global management consulting firm made up of experienced business executives and consultants that deliver immediate and long-term solutions and real profit to our clients. Since 1993, we have been retained as consultants and trusted partners to many clients ranging from fortune 500s to some with revenues of less than $100m.
Combining deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in global sourcing, operations consulting and international market development and sales solutions we advise our clients on their most critical issues and opportunities relating to their global initiatives. We provide this advice and support across numerous industries and geographies, with particular emphasis on emerging markets.
Infinite Sum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.