We are currently seeking a Contract Services Specialist, within our Global Sourcing group who is looking for an exciting and challenging career with Infinite Sum – an employer that enables you to work in a flexible environment both in terms of geography and time.
The Contract Service Specialist will facilitate the development and execution of a variety of third party commercial contracts in accordance with our client’s policies and procedures, applicable laws, and other requirements. The Contract Service Specialist may provide guidance to the client’s business units and project teams on contract management and policy compliance matters, and may lead more than one engagement.
Depending on the size and complexity of Infinite Sum client project, the Contract Service Specialist may be full-time on a single engagement. Note - This is a non- lawyer position.
This role will be primarily home-based with occasional travel to Infinite Sum client offices in UK, Ireland or other European client sites. The primary categories of contract expertise are food & ingredients, packaging, manufactured components, and logistics services.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Draft and negotiate Agreements based on both client templates and supplier templates;
- Prepare and disseminate information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications;
- Consulting and escalating positioning issues which are not solved satisfactorily by the project team in a timely manner;
- Act as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and corporate legal counsel, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly;
- Issue necessary modifications to clarify questions concerning such topics as specification changes, language ambiguities or clarification of contract clause;
- Assist with training and coaching to other contract Senior Analysts on legal review and interpretation;
- Ensure that all contracts and agreements are filed in the contract repository; and
- Maintain and update contract databases and disseminate information as appropriate.
Travel: Occasional where required
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
What skills & experience are we looking for ?
- Solid experience working with a variety of contract types (i.e. preparing, reviewing and negotiating) and contract processes (i.e. implementation, etc.);
- Past experience with drafting agreements in any of the following areas: Food & Beverage industry, Consumer Goods industry, General Manufacturing, Logistics Services;
- In addition to being a fluent English speaker, it would be beneficial for candidates to be fluent in one or more of the following languages: Mandarin, French or Spanish;
- Experience in working under United Stated, Canadian and Chinese commercial and contract law is desirable;
- Must be able to clearly state and convey legal positions both with our clients and suppliers;
- Must have exceptional attention to detail;
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement industry is an advantage;
- Experience with contract reporting necessary (i.e. total number of contracts, number of suppliers under contract, and other indicators) to assess progress and effectiveness of the contract function;
- Experience responding to complex enquiries regarding contract obligations and redlines/revisions; Demonstrated ability to deliver results with cross-functional teams ;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word; and
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree or equivalent experience;
What we can offer you
We will work with you to ensure you get an opportunity to work on project assignments that suit your personal and professional goals. Opportunity to work from home if wish, within a daily commute of a client location, or if you are adventurous we can post you to an international assignment working in multicultural and dynamic teams both internally and at our client sites. Career development opportunities are offered at all of our international offices.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
ABOUT INFINITE SUM
Infinite Sum is a global management consulting firm made up of experienced business executives and consultants that deliver immediate and long-term solutions and real profit to our clients. Since 1993, we have been retained as consultants and trusted partners to many clients ranging from fortune 500s to some with revenues of less than $100m.
Combining deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in global sourcing, operations consulting and international market development and sales solutions we advise our clients on their most critical issues and opportunities relating to their global initiatives. We provide this advice and support across numerous industries and geographies, with particular emphasis on emerging markets.
Infinite Sum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.