Our clients products are required to meet a range of stringent standards for quality and safety. Increasingly, their consumers also expect our clients products to come from socially and environmentally responsible sources. As brand owners, our clients work hard to comply with these standards to define and adhere to their own ethical values and company vision. However, it is also essential that they manage their suppliers to ensure that they also meet all these critical requirements. As a recognized leader of global supplier management and quality assurance services, our clients hire Infinite Sum to build and manage large supplier networks on their behalf all over the world.
We are seeking a Quality Specialist Auditor (Food Industry) to work within our Supplier Management Group in Asia although the role is primarily to work within our supply network in China, your skills may be called upon periodically to support other teams throughout Asia.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Execute Supplier Quality Audits at a network of suppliers under the management of Infinite Sum
- Schedule with facility, co-auditors, and functional support resources
- HACCP Plan review, previous report review, consultation with company experts for related processes, Identification of relevant client requirements that apply to the given supplier)
- Assess facilities compliance to client requirements through on site observations (facility inspections, employee practices), personnel interviews, document and record review, etceteras
- Identify non-conformities and evaluate them (individually and in conjunction with other observations) as to their actual and or potential risk. Assign ratings based upon this evaluation and official rating definitions.
- Clearly communicate findings in verbal and written form (English) in the required format (Audit report) and distribute to appropriate functions within the required time frame.
- Coordinate corrective action response (including facility and Quality support functions), evaluate for suitability for close out
- Maintain tracking data, upload reports on applicable team sites and databases
- Review 3rd party Audit reports for Quality Control and/or assignment of ratings
- Support/lead update of assigned policies, procedures, auditing tools, new projects, etceteras.
- Support / Lead training program for extended auditing staff inside Infinite Sum and any other 3rd party auditors and others as per plan.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Required BSc/MSc Food Science with focus on Quality, Food Safety/Microbiology (or appropriate related Degree) Equivalent experience considered.
- Preferred Qualified Auditor Status (SQE, ISO, GFSI)
- Required In depth working knowledge of quality systems such as QCMS, HACCP, ISO 9000, ISO 22000 etc.
- Required understanding of the business.
- Skills/Leadership Competencies
- Functional technical skills-Required
- Interpersonal savvy-Required
- Learning on the fly-Required
- Problem solving-Required
- Manufacturing/plant (Food sector)
- Quality and Food Safety Auditing (internal, supplier etc)- Preferred
- Significant internal domestic and someInternational travel-Required
- Fluent in Mandarin or Cantonese and English (written and Spoken)-Required
- Strong knowledge of another Business relevant language(s)- Preferred.
- Superior communication skills-Required
What we can offer you
We will work with you to ensure you get an opportunity to work on project assignments that suit your personal and professional goals. Opportunity to work from home if wish, within a daily commute of a client location, or if you are adventurous we can post you to an international assignment working in multicultural and dynamic teams both internally and at our client sites. Career development opportunities are offered at all of our international offices.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
ABOUT INFINITE SUM
Infinite Sum is a global management consulting firm made up of experienced business executives and consultants that deliver immediate and long-term solutions and real profit to our clients. Since 1993, we have been retained as consultants and trusted partners to many clients ranging from fortune 500s to some with revenues of less than $100m.
Combining deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in global sourcing, operations consulting and international market development and sales solutions we advise our clients on their most critical issues and opportunities relating to their global initiatives. We provide this advice and support across numerous industries and geographies, with particular emphasis on emerging markets.
Infinite Sum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.